Monday, 9 February 2015

spare room revamp

Last week I said I have been trying hard to simplify my space but there are some new things I have been purchasing. Now before you get too excited, they are things to decorate my house. Like I said before, I have been here for over a year and 90% of my walls are bare. My decor is also a conglomerate of cheaper buys that helped me furnish my space quickly and cheaply. I feel it's time to invest in some longer lasting pieces and donate the things I switch out.

My first project is my spare room/office space. It may take a bit more time until it's completely finished but here are some before and after(-ish) photos. I'll be listing where I bought some of the new items in this room tomorrow so stay tuned!

The Before:
basically a drop off point for everything

The After:
changing bed linens and cushion covers makes a world of difference

changing hardware is a great trick for upgrading furniture

getting rid of clutter and laying down a cute rug really gives the work area its own space

really in love with the light fixture

and this little guy gives the room a bit of "cute" and "cozy"

2 comments:

  1. You redecorated my room! Guess its time to schedule a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yeah I did! More like made everything cleaner and simpler. I still need to do something to the walls just not sure what I want yet. PS - You do need to come back soon!

      Delete