Wednesday, 24 June 2015

baked eggs: southwestern style



I've been trying to pick healthier options for meals as of late. It is Summer after all and with the arrival of the season, I always find myself wanting to be the best version of me. Whether it's exercising more, eating healthy meals, or getting a bit tan; there's something about the Summer months that makes me want to transform myself for the better -- or at least until winter.

Southwestern-style eggs are a super quick and easy meal that can be cooked for breakfast or lunch. It's got loads of good veg and the perfect amount of spice. If you find yourself with 20-30 minutes, have a go at this yummy dish. You'll be happy you did!

Here's what you need:

  • 4 eggs
  • one small onion
  • 1 bell pepper
  • 4-5 cloves of garlic
  • 1-2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 15-oz (one can) of black beans
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 tbsp heavy cream
  • 4-5 cherry tomatoes
  • 1-2 tbsp chopped cilantro

What are some of your favorite quick/healthy meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment